Japanese Class 1B: Katakana Master Class New!
Level 1: 1B
Duration: 24 Weeks (1 hour per week)
Date: June 6, 2015 to December 12, 2015 (24 Saturdays)
Time: 4th grade and up: 9:20 AM to 10:20 AM, K through 3rd grade: 10:35 AM to 11:35 AM
Place: 1485 Bayshore Blvd., Suite 307, San Francisco, CA 94124 (Plenty of parking space available in front of the building)
Tuition: $528 (for 24 classes. 6 installment of $88, or $498 ($30 discount) paid in full before the 1st day of the class)
Annual Registration Fee: $38.00 (if you haven't registered with us)
By the end of the class, children can read and write all Katakana characters. They can use Katakana characters in the phonetically and grammatically correct way. Students can take this class after, before, or con-currently with 1A (HIragana class).
Why learn Katakana?
- Increase your Japanese vocabulary dramatically. Japanese language uses many foreign words including English as is with a little twist in pronunciation. They are all written using Katakata. By learning Katakana and learning how to pronounce it, you suddenly know words like "computer," "desk," "America," "piano," "lettuce," "soccer," "ski," "chocolate," "orange," "icecream," "mango," "coffee," and many many more in Japanese.
- Learning Katakana helps learning Kanji - dramatically again! This is because Katanaka actually derived from Kanji. Kanji uses many Katakana parts. So matering Katakana helps you tremendously when learning Kanji later on.
- Let's pick low-hanging fruits. Among Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji, Katakana is the simplest. Why not learn the simplest characters and help increase your Japanese reading and writing abilities dramatically?
Register using this form
Why Choose "Kotoba + Culture" Japanese Classes?
Have you ever taken a foreign language class and after a few years, all you can remember is basic phrases like "Thank you" and "Hello"?
We are different.
We believe everybody can learn a language - if she/he does it the right way. You know your children speak English with no problem. Then why not another language?
At Kotoba + Culture,
• children learn Japanese in a fun and relaxed atmosphere
• children learn an authentic, useful, academically vigorous Japanese in a non-threatening environment
• children learn by repetition
• children learn modern and real Japanese, not old and text-book style Japanese
• children will love Japanese culture and language
• Japanese is used in a maximum way in instructions to expose children to authentic Japanese